We're Here for You
You don't have to go through it alone.
Most people will tell you that separation and divorce are the most painful and stressful experiences they’ve ever faced. It’s a confusing time when you feel isolated and have lots of questions about issues you’ve never faced before.
DivorceCare groups meet weekly to help you face these challenges and move toward rebuilding your life. Each session has two distinct elements:
A Seminar with Experts
During the first 30–40 minutes of the meeting, each DivorceCare group watches a video seminar featuring top experts on divorce and recovery subjects. These videos are produced in an interesting-to-watch television magazine format featuring expert interviews, real-life case studies and on-location video.
A Support Group with Focus
After viewing the video, DivorceCare group participants spend time as a support group, discussing what was presented in that week’s video seminar and what is going on in the lives of group members.
When we meet
Divorce Care runs each Fall and Spring for 13 weeks at the Airport Location. Click below to find out when the next session happens.
“I’ve never been to a support group like this before. I don’t know what to expect.”
What to expect
Most people quickly feel comfortable and accepted in their DivorceCare group. They discover that there are others who have the same kind of feelings they do—and who understand the hurt and pain they are going through. Here is an overview of the DivorceCare experience:
- You’ll probably feel a little nervous about going to DivorceCare the first time. Those feelings go away quickly for most people, usually during the first session they attend. DivorceCare is a warm, caring environment designed to help you.
- You’ll discover there are people who understand your hurts, emotions and painful experiences! In divorce, it’s common to feel isolated. In DivorceCare, you’ll find that you are not alone, that there are others who understand what you are going through.
- You’ll learn helpful, practical information that will help you recover from your separation or divorce. The DivorceCare DVD videos feature top experts on divorce and recovery subjects and case studies of people just like you, who have been through the divorce experience.
- You’ll have the chance to talk about your experiences. It can be very healing to tell others what you are going through. The support group sessions include a time to talk about what you’ve seen on the DivorceCare videos and what is going on in your life. And while you have the opportunity to tell your story, there’s never pressure for you to do so if you don’t feel like it.
- You’ll become part of a “family”. DivorceCare group members often tell us that they feel like their group has become a family, that they made new friends and are around people they can relate to. DivorceCare is designed to be a safe environment, and dating relationships between group participants are not encouraged (to allow you time to focus on your personal healing).
- You’ll discover hope for the future. While things may look bleak now, you’ll learn ways to restore your hope and rebuild your life. Many DivorceCare alumni tell us that the program helped them move from adversity to becoming a better person.
The leadership team for DivorceCare consists of people who understand how you feel and have a real concern for individuals who are experiencing separation and divorce. Many DivorceCare leaders have been through divorce themselves and are examples of the healing and restoration that can occur after the breakup of a marriage.
Please contact Lillian Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the next session.
Your children will have the opportunity to heal. Many DivorceCare groups also sponsor DivorceCare for Kids (DC4K) groups. DC4K is a fun environment for kids to learn how to work through the hurt of divorce. The DC4K program features videos, music, games, crafts and activities for children ages 5–12.