Director of Finance and Fund Development
The Director of Finance and Fund Development contributes to the overall success of Catch The Fire by effectively managing financial tasks including the planning, organizing, directing and evaluating the operation of the finance team.
Applicant must have:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial performance analysis or other financial activities
- Relevant education and professional designation recognised in Ontario, including an accounting qualification (e.g. CPA) or other.
- Experience working with regulations governing the management of not-for-profit and charitable organisations
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and Raiser’s Edge software will be an asset.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting charities.
- Understanding of ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of Catch The Fire.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, by anticipating, understanding and responding to their needs.
- Effective communication, by using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Ability to foster teamwork by working cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness, incorporating spiritual leadership.
- Creativity and innovation to develop new and unique ways to improve the finances of the organisation and to create new opportunities.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours a week. Some additional hours will be required to attend Board meetings and during specific periods of the accounting cycle.
Staff Category: Full Time, Permanent, Salaried
Yearly Salary Range: $50,000 - $65,000 depending upon qualifications and work experience.
Probationary Period: 90 days
Special Conditions: Willing to undergo a police reference check and credit investigation
Please send resume by July 19th, 2017, to the attention of Linda McCormick, Human Resources Manager email@example.com or fax to 416-674- 8465.
Only applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted for an interview. Applicants must have the legal right to work in Canada.
Employment is conditional upon a clear police reference check and credit investigation. The successful candidate must be able to submit to Catch The Fire's Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith Agreement.