This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity, authenticity and consistency of Catch The Fire Toronto’s brand through assisting all design, content production and digital marketing aspects of its communication.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Maintains server and network infrastructure
- Installs, configures, maintains, troubleshoots servers and services including virtualization environment
- Installs, configures, maintains, troubleshoots networking equipment including internet connections and wireless networks
- Installs, configures, maintains web architecture technologies
- Installs, configures, maintains troubleshoots disaster recovery solutions
- Supervises and maintains some line-of-business integrations and applications as required
Helps users with technical queries and problems
- Manages business technology inventory control, including conducting needs assessments and resource allocation & reallocation
- Responds to help-desk requests for assistance
- Answers a wide variety of questions from users
- Troubleshoots and fixes problems that a user may be having with computer/phone/printer
- Provides basic training for business applications (e.g. Google Mail/Docs; Word; Excel)
- Provide basic training for computer usage Windows/Mac OS
Performs network administration duties
- Deploys and maintains desktop, laptop and thin client hardware and software for staff members
- Configures new hardware and devices according to company guidelines
- Research, test and implement new software packages as required
- Installs and configures network devices, wireless access points, and tests their configurations
- Installs and moves physical server hardware as required
- Consults with departments and users to assist in project planning, technical implementation and so on.
- Procures IT Hardware from a range of vendors
- Prepares technology recommendations and strategy documents for review
- As Lead, liaise with vendors or IT Service Providers for current/future projects to enhance/improve technology for the Ministry
- Availability for Conferences/Events aside from usual support duties to assist where necessary (Ex. Registration; CSR for Attwell Books)
Performs other related duties as required including after-hours work
Applicant Must Have:
- An outrageous commitment to working in a dynamic team of individuals, possessing a keen sense of responsibility for the combined professional and relational excellence of the team.
- Ability to consistently take initiative and effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a stressful environment with little managerial oversight.
- Practical or educational experience working with computers, installing software, troubleshooting problems, etc.
- Minimum Grade 12 Education.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, VMWare ESX, VoIP and Asterisk, SQL databases, VEND, UniFi and Raiser’s Edge considered an asset.
- A strong commitment to providing the best user support possible.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to explain IT concepts to non-technical users.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Up-to-date with current concepts and trends within the technology industry.
- Ability to lift 30kg (66lbs) unaided.
Place of Work: Toronto, Canada
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week: on-call 24/7 for business impacting emergencies
Staff Category: Full Time, Salaried, Permanent
Yearly Gross Salary: $26,000 - $30,000 (based on qualifications and experience)
Probationary Period: 90 days
Applications Due: August 16th, 2017
Special Conditions: Must be able to work in a noisy environment (up to 75dB); May periodically need to travel to branch offices via car or public transportation; Police Reference Check with VSS a requirement.
Please send resume and portfolio by August 16th 2017, to the attention of
Linda McCormick, Human Resources Manager
Only applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted for an interview.
Employment is conditional upon a clear police reference check. Applicants must have the legal right to work in Canada.
The successful candidate must be able to submit to Catch The Fire Toronto's Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith Agreement.