To ensure dishes and food preparation utensils are washed and properly stored after meal services; to maintain cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware and booking utensils; to ensure the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glassware, tableware and other utensils, and place them in racks to send through the dish machine;
- Sort and stack clean dishes in proper storage areas or the chef’s line as required;
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand;
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster;
- Change dishwater in dish machine as required;
- To ensure the kitchen area is kept clean and hygienic at all times;
- Sweep/mop floors;
- Clean or prepare various foods for cooking or serving, as requested;
- Receive and store supplies;
- To ensure the security of the Café by observing opening and closing procedures.
Applicant Must Have:
1-2 years as dishwasher/kitchen help or equivalent experience (ideally).
Place of Work: Toronto, Canada
Hours of Work: 10 hours every couple of weeks; more hours during conferences and large events.
Staff Category: Part Time, Hourly
Hourly Rate: $11.40 per hour
Probationary Period: 90 days
Applications Due: August 18th, 2017
Special Conditions: Possible afternoon and weekend work during conferences and other large events; this job requires the ability to stand for long periods of time; this job involves lifting objects of up to 10 pounds frequently, and occasionally lift objects of up to 25 pounds.
Please send resume and portfolio by August 18th 2017, to the attention of
Linda McCormick, Human Resources Manager
Only applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted for an interview.
Employment is conditional upon a clear police reference check. Applicants must have the legal right to work in Canada.
The successful candidate must be able to submit to Catch The Fire Toronto's Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith Agreement.