To ensure that all food items are correctly prepared, served and stored, achieving standards. To provide assistance to head chef as required, in food preparation and maintenance of kitchen.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To work with and under the supervision of the head chef/Kitchen Manager;
- Label and stock ingredients on shelves as directed;
- To prepare food using food handling rules;
- Measure ingredients and seasonings as directed;
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, etc;
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees, etc;
- To determine the proper food portions;
- To ensure the kitchen area is kept clean and hygienic at all times;
- To serve customers with courtesy and professionalism;
- To ensure the security of the Café by observing opening and closing procedures.
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
Applicant Must Have:
- 1-2 years as an assistant cook or equivalent experience.
Place of Work: Toronto, Canada
Hours of Work: 10 hours every couple of weeks; more hours during conferences and large events.
Staff Category: Part Time, Hourly
Hourly Rate: $11.40 per hour
Probationary Period: 90 days
Applications Due: August 18th, 2017
Special Conditions: Police Reference Check with VSS a requirement.Possible afternoon and weekend work during conferences and other large events; this job requires the ability to stand for long periods of time; this job involves lifting objects of up to 10 pounds frequently, and occasionally lift objects of up to 25 pounds.
Please send resume and portfolio by August 18th 2017, to the attention of
Linda McCormick, Human Resources Manager
Only applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted for an interview.
Employment is conditional upon a clear police reference check. Applicants must have the legal right to work in Canada.
The successful candidate must be able to submit to Catch The Fire Toronto's Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith Agreement.